Dr Kalman Piper is an Australian trained orthopaedic surgeon with a special interest in shoulder surgery.
Dr Piper was born in Brisbane and graduated from medical school at the University of Queensland. He then moved to Sydney and completed his residency and orthopaedic training in New South Wales. He is a member of the Australian Orthopaedic Association and the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
In addition to his clinical work, Dr Piper is a member of the Royal Australian Navy Medical Specialist Reserve.
During training Dr Piper developed a special interest in shoulder surgery and completed fellowship training in Annecy, France with Dr Laurent Lafosse, one of the world’s renowned shoulder surgeons and pioneer of the Arthroscopic Latarjet Procedure, Minimally Invasive Shoulder Replacement and arthroscopic nerve release around the shoulder. The experience he gained in France is unmatched anywhere in the world, and has allowed him to master new and innovative techniques that he can introduce to Australia. Also, while in France, Dr Piper was an instructor at Dr Lafosse’s advanced shoulder arthroscopy workshops, and continues to instruct and teach Australian and International surgeons in Australia.
Dr Piper’s area of expertise is in the following surgeries of the shoulder:
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair.
- Arthroscopic Surgery for Shoulder Instability.
- The Arthroscopic Latarjet Procedure.
- Minimally Invasive Shoulder Replacement.
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement for Massive Rotator Cuff Repair.
- Arthroscopic Treatment for Nerve Conditions of the Shoulder.
- Trauma surgery of the shoulder including complex fractures and tendon tears.
For more information visit www.kaliper.com.au